A wonderful, punchy sauce, made with our chorizo and pancetta, packed full of flavour to accompany the pork belly confit or any pork or ham cuts. This sauce is best made a day ahead for flavours to develop. Any leftover sauce is delicious served with rice. Can be made in batches to freeze.
Pork Belly Confit and Chorizo Sauce
This chorizo sauce is great with pasta too but omit the butter beans.
- 2 x 500g Pork Belly Confit
- Chorizo Sauce Ingredients
- A slug of olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 50g Dukeshill pancetta, diced
- 2 Dukeshill chorizo sausages, peeled and chopped or crumbled
- 250ml red wine
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 400g tinned butter beans, drained & rinsed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 20g roughly chopped parsley
- Step 1 Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan.
- Step 2 Add chopped onion and soften for about 5 mins on a low heat.
- Step 3 Add chopped garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Step 4 Add smoked paprika and tomato puree and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Add pancetta and chorizo and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Step 6 Add red wine and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer till liquid has reduced by half.
- Step 7 Add tomatoes, stock and thyme. Simmer for 30 minutes or till sauce has reduced and slightly thickened.
- Step 8 Add beans and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10-15 minutes or till beans are very soft.
- Step 9 Add parsley and serve hot with Dukeshill Pork Belly Confit which has been pan fried till crisp and brown (about 10 mins over medium heat) or roasted for 20-30 mins.