I’ve always been a fan of a Crispy Duck Salad so this is my take using one of my favourite Dukeshill products, our delicious Pork Belly Confit. This makes a tasty and fresh, yet quick and incredibly easy lunch or supper dish. I’ve done this many times for friends and family as the salad can be assembled ahead and dressed at the last minute so it’s the perfect meal to cook to order, all in less than 10minutes.
Crispy Pork Confit Salad
Packed full of flavour this delightful Crispy Pork Confit Salad is both tasty and refreshing.
- 1 Dukeshill Pork Belly Confit 500g, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 100g salad leaves
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 100g mange tout
- 60g coriander leaves, removed from stalks
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 400g cooked rice noodles
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2tbsp orange juice
- Step 1 Firstly, prepare the salad by blanching the sugar snap peas and mange tout for 2 mins in a pan of salted, boiling water. Drain then refresh under cold running water for 2 minutes then drain again.
- Step 2 Throw the noodles, salad leaves, mange tout, sugar snap peas, cucumber and spring onion in a bowl. Mix together the maple syrup, orange juice and 1tbsp sesame oil and drizzle over the salad. Mix with your hands to ensure everything is coated.
- Step 3 Heat the vegetable oil and 1tbsp sesame oil in a heavy based frying pan over a medium to high heat. Fry the cubes of Pork Belly Confit for approximately 5-7 mins until crispy around the edges. Remove and drain on some kitchen roll.
- Step 4 To serve simply place a large spoonful of salad in a bowl and top with the crispy Pork Belly Confit.
- Step 5 This needs no other additions, not even seasoning. I said it was easy!