These BBQ Pulled Pork Toasties are my take on a Mexican quesadilla using our fabulous BBQ Pulled Pork. This is one of Neale’s favourite lunchtime snacks although they are quite substantial! The avocado and black bean salsa seem to cut through the richness of the cheese and the succulent juicy pulled pork. So easy and so delicious. Lovely served with a dollop of Susie’s Chilli Jam alongside.
BBQ Pulled Pork Toasties
A delicious snack at any time of the day using our BBQ Pulled Pork marinated in Bourbon.
- 1 pack (650g) BBQ Pulled Pork, shredded
- 200g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 200g carton/tin black beans (giving 115g approx. when drained), rinsed, drained and crushed
- 2 ripe avocados, diced and smashed with fork
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- zest and juice ½ lime
- 10g fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 15g butter
- 8 slices of sourdough bread, toasted on one side
- Step 1 Re-heat the pulled pork by wrapping in foil and popping in a pre-heated oven set at 180’C/160’C fan for 20 mins, then remove from the juices and pull apart.
- Step 2 In a bowl mix the black beans, avocado, spring onions, lime juice and zest and coriander leaves.
- Step 3 Toast the sourdough slices on one side only.
- Step 4 Heat a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat and melt 15g butter in the pan.
- Step 5 Rub each slice of sourdough with the clove of garlic on the toasted side.
- Step 6 Put 4 slices of toast, untoasted side down and sprinkle ¼ of the grated cheddar over each slice.
- Step 7 As soon as the cheese starts to melt add ¼ of the pulled pork and a large spoonful of the black bean mixture over each slice. Put the next 4 slices of toast on top (toasted side down) and press down with a spatula. Very carefully turn over and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 8 Cut each toastie in half.