Proving yet again what a wonderfully versatile product our Pork Belly Confit is, this delicious supper dish is perfect served on a bed of Basmati rice. I’ve used this several times when entertaining, it’s foolproof and so easy to do but will win you heaps of praise.
Pork Belly Confit in Spicy Coconut Sauce with Cavolo Nero
Perfect for a tasty supper. Good with either Basmati rice or sticky Jasmine rice.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced into 4 thick rings
- 30g fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 x 500g packs Dukeshill pork belly confit
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 400g can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 200g cavolo nero, stalks removed, sliced into 3cm pieces
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a large, heavy based frying pan and sauté the onion and ginger over a medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until softened, then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, slice and prepare the pork confit. Cut into 3cm chunks and add to the pan to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes in total.
- Step 3 Return the onions and ginger to the pan, add the chilli flakes, fish sauce and the coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Season with plenty of black pepper, add the cavolo nero, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve with linguine, noodles or steamed rice.