Our daughter Lucy adores our Dukeshill Chorizo sausage and uses them in all sorts of dishes from brunch to BBQ’s to filling for baked potatoes so this delicious Chorizo Jam was an idea she came up with after nagging me to come up with a Dukeshill version of Nduja, a spicy, spreadable pork salami. She got so fed up waiting for me to get around to developing a version she came up with this brilliant product. Made using our Dukeshill Chorizo this is now a constant in our fridge! When I asked Lucy to come up with some clever uses for her Chorizo Jam this Prawn & Chorizo Jam Linguine was one that proved very popular. Mind you with the following ingredients there isn’t much to go wrong!
Prawn & Chorizo Linguine
- 30g butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100ml dry white wine
- 100g Lucy’s Chorizo Jam
- 200g cooked large prawns
- 160g linguine pasta
- Seasoning to taste
- Rocket and a drizzle of olive oil to serve to serve
- Step 1 Bring a pan of salted water to a rolling boil and add the linguine. Cook according to the packet, about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 2 Melt the butter in a another pan and sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3 Turn up the heat and add the white wine, leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Turn the heat down and add the chorizo jam and prawns, stir and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Drain the linguine and add to the prawn mixture.
- Step 6 Serve with a little olive oil drizzled over and a few leaves of rocket.