Pork Sausages with Black Pudding & Leek Mash
I always find leeks and apple go so well with pork, and the addition of black pudding adds a richness to the mash.
- 400g Dukeshill Pork Sausages
- 800g Potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 25g Butter
- 125g Dukeshill Black Pudding, skinned and diced
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced
- 150ml cider or apple juice
- 1 sprig of thyme (leaves only)
- Milk for mashing
- Butter for mashing
- Step 1 Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes in a pan of boiling, salted water until soft. During the last 10 minutes add the leeks.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan and fry the black pudding until crispy.
- Step 3 Fry the sausages for 15-20 minutes over a medium heat. For the last 5 minutes add the apple to the pan and allow to lightly brown on both sides.
- Step 4 Add the cider and thyme to the pan and leave to bubble until reduced slightly.
- Step 5 Drain the potatoes and leeks and mash with a little butter and milk. Stir through black pudding. Season to taste.
- Step 6 Serve the sausages in their apple gravy with the black pudding and leek mash and seasonal greens.