Bacon, Cheese & Onion Muffins
So delicious and moreish, these Bacon, Cheese & Onion Muffins will disappear faster than you can make them!
- 300g pack Dukeshill smoked back bacon
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- small handful of sage leaves, chopped
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed and chopped finely
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- Step 1 Cook the bacon for 10 mins at 220’C/200’C fan until crispy. Allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 180’C/160’C fan.
- Step 2 Melt the butter in a pan over a gentle heat and gently sauté the onion and sage for approximately 5-7 mins or until the onion is translucent and soft.
- Step 3 In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cheese, rosemary and thyme.
- Step 4 Break the bacon into small pieces (5mm) and add to the bowl along with the sage and onion.
- Step 5 Mix together the milk and eggs and add to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 6 Put a small blob of butter in the bottom of each muffin pocket and place the tin in the oven for 1 min to melt the butter, then spoon large spoonfuls of the mixture into each pocket.
- Step 7 Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180’C/160’C fan for 25 minutes.
- Step 8 Remove from oven, allow to cool on a wire tray for 5 mins then serve straightaway with lashings of butter!