These tasty bacon-wrapped apricot canapés with their subtly exotic flavour, made using our dry cured streaky bacon, make a delicious addition to any drink-time nibbles. Equally good using our smoked or unsmoked dry cured streaky bacon. As is the case with all bacon wrapped canapés it is recommended to use a top quality bacon such as our dry cured streaky to avoid the seepage of liquid during cooking. For other canapé ideas do take a look at our party food section.
Bacon Wrapped Apricots
Tasty apricots, stuffed with almonds and wrapped in bacon
- 150g Dukeshill streaky bacon, sliced into thin strips about 3 inches long
- 24 ready-to-eat apricots, stoned
- 70ml brandy
- 24 skinned whole almonds (preferably Marcona almonds)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°c/180°c fan
- Step 2 Soak the apricots in brandy for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Step 3 Open each apricot and pop an almond in each, then close.
- Step 4 Wrap each apricot with a slice of bacon and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Step 5 Bake at 200°c/ 180°c fan for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Step 6 Serve warm.