This Cannellini Beans with Pancetta & Cream is a fabulously simple French inspired dish from a farmers’ truck stop/restaurant we visited on the side of a busy road in the Loire. Full of locals and working farmers, this dish was slapped down on the table with a bottle of unlabelled red wine before we had a chance to say “Bonjour”! Also fab using our bacon in place of the pancetta.
Cannellini Beans with Pancetta & Cream
This Cannellini Beans with Bacon & Cream is my take on a French dish of haricots blancs with cream. A lovely simple dish packed with flavour.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g pancetta, diced into 1cm cubes
- 5g parsley, chopped (keep the leaves and stalks separate)
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 400g tin cannellini beans (or haricots blanc)
- 5 tbsp double cream
- 2 slices sourdough, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a heavy based pan over a medium to high heat and cook the pancetta until lightly golden.
- Step 2 Turn the heat down and add the beans, parsley stalks and thyme to the pan along with the cream. Simmer gently for approximately 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Step 3 Spoon into bowls with a sprinkle of the chopped parsley leaves on top. Simply serve with green leaves, a slice of toasted sourdough rubbed with a fresh clove of garlic and some robust red wine.