A slightly different take on a classic quiche using mascarpone in place of milk or cream. The combination of crispy pancetta and Stilton is a marriage made in heaven. Can also be made using our bacon in place of the pancetta. Delicious with our red onion marmalade on the side.
Pancetta, Stilton & Fig Tart
This Pancetta, Stilton & Fig Tart couldn't be easier to make using ready made shortcrust pastry. A lovely light supper or lunch dish, or as part of a buffet. It looks so pretty and tastes delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g pancetta, diced into 1cm cubes
- 200g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 ripe figs, sliced lengthways
- 200g shortcrust pastry
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 190’C/170’C fan/ gas mark 5.
- Step 2 Roll out the pastry to line a 23cm diameter flan tin and bake blind for 15 mins.
- Step 3 Mix the soft cheese with the eggs and chives until smooth. Stir through the Stilton.
- Step 4 Heat the oil in a heavy based pan over a medium to high heat, add the diced pancetta and cook until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove from the heat and scatter the pancetta over the base of the pastry.
- Step 6 Spoon the cheese mixture on top of the ham until full to just below the rim of the tart case.
- Step 7 Place the sliced figs on top of the tart and sprinkle the pine nuts around them.
- Step 8 Pop in the oven for 35-40 minutes until slightly puffed and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving in slices with salads. Also delicious with a little red onion marmalade on the side.