This Penne with Herb Pesto and Crispy Bacon is such an easy supper or lunch dish to create for family or friends. Packed full of flavour, especially so when using our dry cured streaky bacon. You can alternatively use our pancetta, simply diced and crisped in a pan in place of the bacon.
Penne with Herb Pesto and Crispy Bacon
This Penne with Herb Pesto and Crispy Bacon makes a speedy and tasty supper or lunch dish for family and friends.
- 350g dry cured streaky bacon
- 15g basil leaves
- 15g flat-leaf parsley leaves, stalks removed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 160ml olive oil
- 80g finely grated parmesan
- 120g toasted pine nuts
- 400g penne (or other short pasta shapes)
- 200g spinach
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C fan/gas mark 7.
- Step 2 Place bacon on a baking tray and bake for 5-6 minutes until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Roughly break into shards.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, process the basil, parsley, garlic, oil, parmesan and the pine nuts in a processor to form a smooth paste.
- Step 4 Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
- Step 5 Steam the spinach then drain and chop roughly.
- Step 6 Drain the pasta, then toss with the pesto and spinach.
- Step 7 Divide the dressed pasta among the bowls, then scatter with the crispy bacon and serve with a rocket salad.