My beef fillet and Gorgonzola sauce is perfect for using those tail bits of fillet and magically transforming them into a rich and decadent supper dish. This is such an easy recipe to make and is my take on a classic beef stroganoff involving the addition of Gorgonzola to create a fabulously rich and luxurious meal. Perfect served on a bed of linguine or rice.
Beef Fillet and Gorgonzola Sauce
Transform beef fillet into a rich, luxurious supper dish with this delectable Gorgonzola sauce.
- 454g beef fillet
- 2 tbsp dark Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 30g butter
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly sliced
- 250g double cream
- 85g Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 150ml beef or vegetable stock
- linguine pasta or rice to serve
- Step 1 Marinade the piece of beef fillet in the Balsamic vinegar with the brown sugar and seasoning and leave for one hour.
- Step 2 Gently sauté the onion in the butter for 10 mins until softened.
- Step 3 Cook the pasta or rice according to the instructions.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan until smoking hot, sear the fillet for about 2 minutes on each side until well browned, then set aside and keep warm.
- Step 5 Add the cream, stock and Gorgonzola to the onions and stir in for 2 minutes.
- Step 6 Slice the fillet into 1cm thick slices and add to the onion mixture and cook over a gentle heat for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Step 7 Serve with the linguine or rice.