Posh Bubble & Squeak
This version of Bubble & Squeak is delicious on its own but also served alongside cold meats as a breakfast or lunch dish, and topped with an egg too!
- 750g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pancetta, diced into 1cm cubes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 100g chard (or spinach), roughly chopped
- 75g cheese, grated (use any you have leftover such as Comté, Cheddar, Stilton)
- Step 1 Start by cooking the potato in a pan of salted water for 20-25 mins until the potato is tender. Drain and mash the potato with the butter.
- Step 2 Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden, approximately 5 mins.
- Step 3 Add the spring onions and garlic and cook for 3 mins before adding the chard and continuing to cook for 2 mins.
- Step 4 Finally stir through the mash and cheese and continue to cook until the bottom forms a nice crust, approx. 10 mins, stirring to break up the crust every 2-3 mins.
- Step 5 Serve immediately.