Our gammon boiling joint is the perfect size for a family or gathering feeding 6-8 people. This recipe is such a lovely one to do in the summer when you can get ripe peaches (or nectarines). With it’s sticky glaze and peaches it is absolutely delicious served alongside salads. The perfect al fresco meal requiring very little effort.
Honey Glazed Gammon & Peaches
A delicious sticky gammon with peaches, perfect for those summer days, served with a selection of salads. Delicious as leftovers too!
- 1.2kg gammon boiling joint
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ onion
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1star anise
- 6 peaches, halved around the middle and stoned
- 200ml runny honey
- 4 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 200’C/180’C fan/gas mark 6.
- Step 2 Put the gammon boiling joint in a large pot with the bay leaves, peppercorns, onion and star anise. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 hour, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Step 3 Meanwhile mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Step 4 Remove the gammon boiling joint from the pan and remove the string and skin leaving a layer of fat. Criss cross the fat and put in a roasting tray along with the peaches. Pour over the marinade, coating the joint and turning the peaches over in the marinade to give all a good coating.
- Step 5 Pop in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, basting the meat a couple of times with the marinade from the tin until it develops a crispy crust.
- Step 6 Serve with the peaches alongside and salads.