One of my favourite ways of serving our ham is with this Ginger glaze, resulting in a gloriously sticky ham people just can’t resist going back to again and again. Make sure you use the very best ham, ours of course!
Ginger Glazed Ham
This sticky Ginger Glazed Ham couldn't be easier to make and will impress all your guests.
- Glaze (enough for one whole ham)
- 350 grams chunky ginger preserve
- 2 tablespoons English mustard
- 100 grams soft dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Tip: If you can’t get ginger preserve then try the following glaze:
- 6 tbsp marmalade
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 220’C/200’C fan/gas mark 7.
- Step 2 Place the ham on a foil lined roasting tray and criss cross the fat using your knife to create a diamond pattern.
- Step 3 Mix all the glaze ingredients together and spoon over the ham. Pop in the oven for 20-25mins.
- Step 4 Remove from oven and gently spoon any residual glaze from the bottom of the tray over the ham. Leave to cool completely before serving.