We decided to holiday in the UK this year and what an excellent decision that turned out to be. You really can’t beat the UK when the weather is nice so first stop was a couple of nights at a lovely hotel “At the Chapel” in Bruton, Somerset. There was a really fun, young crowd working there in the most amazing space, serving delicious food and cocktails – what more could you ask for? Whilst there we had some memorable breakfasts including Green Eggs & Ham, so here I have tried to re-create it using our own sliced Wiltshire ham. A breakfast of champions!
Green Eggs & Ham
Green eggs & Ham make the most divine breakfast or light lunch or supper. Basically a salsa verde drizzled over a soft poached egg and the very best ham, Dukeshill of course!
- 1 slice Wiltshire cured ham
- 1 slice buttered toast
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 anchovy fillet
- 5g fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp capers, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Arrange the slice of ham on the toast.
- Step 2 Poach the egg until soft set, then place on top of the ham.
- Step 3 Meanwhile mix the rest of the ingredients and drizzle over the egg and ham.
- Step 4 Enjoy!