Ham & Stilton Canapés
Using ready made shortcrust pastry tartlets makes light work of these delicious ham & Stilton tartlets. Delicious with our red onion marmalade for dipping.
- 100g sliced ham
- 200g soft cheese
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 36 tartlet cases (or make 36 using a small cutter 5cm diameter from shortcrust pastry)
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 190’C/170’C fan/ gas mark 5.
- Step 2 Mix the soft cheese with the eggs and chives until smooth. Stir through the Stilton.
- Step 3 Half fill each case with some torn ham. Spoon the cheese mixture on top of the ham until full to just below the rim of the tart case.
- Step 4 Sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Step 5 Pop in the oven for 20 minutes until slightly puffed and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Step 6 Also delicious with a little red onion marmalade for dipping on the side.