I know celeriac is mainly a winter vegetable but this celeriac remoulade salad is so good that I like to eat it all year round with cold meats and smoked fish. Here it goes particularly well with our ham for a light lunch or supper.
Ham with Celeriac Remoulade
Celeriac remoulade is one of my favourite accompaniments to any cold meats or smoked fish, but especially when served alongside our ham.
- 500g celeriac, peeled and cut into ribbons using a mandolin or processor blade
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 pack wafer thin ham
- 170ml mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp nonpareilles capers, drained and rinsed
- Step 1 Using a mandolin or processor cut the celeriac into ribbons.
- Step 2 Crush the anchovy fillets in a pestle and mortar to a paste then add to the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Stir through the celeriac and leave for a minimum 1 hour.
- Step 3 To serve place a large spoonful of the celeriac remoulade on the plate next to the ham and sprinkle the capers over the remoulade.