This makes a tasty and fresh yet quick and incredibly easy lunch or supper dish using one of my favourite Dukeshill products, our slow cooked Pork Belly Confit.
Crispy Pork Confit Salad
If you like a crispy duck salad you will love this. Made using our wonderfully tasty and tender, slow cooked pork confit.
- 1 Dukeshill Pork Belly Confit 500g, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 100g salad leaves
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 100g mange tout
- 60g coriander leaves, removed from stalks
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 400g cooked rice noodles
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2tbsp orange juice
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- Step 1 Firstly, prepare the salad by blanching the sugar snap peas and mange tout for 2 mins in a pan of salted, boiling water. Drain then refresh under cold running water for 2 minutes then drain again.
- Step 2 Throw the noodles, salad leaves, mange tout, sugar snap peas, cucumber and spring onion in a bowl. Mix together the maple syrup, orange juice and 1tbsp sesame oil and drizzle over the salad. Mix with your hands to ensure everything is coated.
- Step 3 Heat the vegetable oil and 1tbsp sesame oil in a heavy based frying pan over a medium to high heat. Fry the cubes of Pork Belly Confit for approximately 5-7 mins until crispy around the edges. Remove and drain on some kitchen roll.
- Step 4 To serve simply place a large spoonful of salad in a bowl and top with the crispy Pork Belly Confit. This needs no other additions, not even seasoning. I said it was easy!