I absolutely love this way of using our Pork Belly Confit. Cooking it in this spicy coconut based sauce with Cavolo Nero to serve on a bed of noodles or rice makes a great supper dish to serve your family or friends.
Pork Confit in Spicy Coconut Milk Sauce with Cavolo Nero
This spicy pork confit dish with coconut and Cavolo Nero makes a perfect supper for family and friends.
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 onion, sliced into 4 thick rings
- 30g fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 x 500g packs Dukeshill pork belly confit
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 400g can coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- 200g Cavolo Nero, stalks removed, sliced into 2.5cm pieces
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and ginger over a medium heat for about 6 minutes until softened, then tip onto a plate and set aside.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, slice and prepare the pork confit. Cut into 2.5cm chunks and add to the pan to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes in total.
- Step 3 Return the onions and ginger to the pan, add the chilli flakes, fish sauce and coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes until reduced by half.
- Step 4 Season with plenty of black pepper, add the Cavolo Nero, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve with steamed rice or noodles.