This salad is so moreish and easy to make. Taking our fabulous Five Spice Pulled Pork served on a bed of couscous with toasted almonds, apricots, cherry tomatoes and pomegranate seeds creates a stunning looking centrepiece for any table.
Five Spice Pulled Pork with Jewelled Couscous
A visually stunning and delicious salad.
- Dukeshill Chinese Five Spice Pulled Pork
- 300g couscous
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 400ml vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 150g ready to eat apricots, chopped
- 100g spinach leaves
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 15g fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 100g whole blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 180°c/160°c. Remove the pulled pork from its packaging and place on a foil lined tray with its juices. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Step 2 Dry fry the whole almonds for a few minutes over a high heat, then remove and chop. I always find it best to totally focus on this stage as I’ve thrown away many burnt nuts in my time!
- Step 3 Put the couscous in a large bowl with the lemon zest & juice and pour over the stock. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave for 10 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 4 Using a fork fluff up the couscous and mix in the other ingredients.
- Step 5 Remove the pulled pork from the oven and tease apart to shred.
- Step 6 To serve place a few large spoons of the couscous on the plate and top with the pulled pork.