Cheese & Red Onion Marmalade Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are divine and incredibly moreish. You’ll need to make at least double what you think you’ll need!
- 400g pork sausage meat
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 4tbsp red onion marmalade
- 375g shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 180’C/160’C fan/gas mark 4.
- Step 2 Mix the sausage meat, cheese and mustard powder together in a bowl.
- Step 3 Roll out the pastry fairly thinly (½ cm thick) and cut into two 12cm x 36cm lengths.
- Step 4 Brush each length with the red onion marmalade leaving a 1cm border around the edges.
- Step 5 Divide the sausage meat mixture into two, roll into a sausage to fit the cut pastry length. Place each on one of the lengths of pastry.
- Step 6 Brush some of the egg mixture round the border and roll up tightly. Brush the whole roll with the remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds and the sea salt.
- Step 7 Cut into 18 individual rolls and place on a greaseproof tray. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Step 8 Remove from the fridge and pop in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked and golden.