With North African influences this Moroccan Inspired Sausage Meat Flatbread recipe is packed full of flavour, yet not too spicy. Stunning to look at with it’s topping of spinach and green pesto. Equally good served as a baked potato topping in place of the flatbreads. Made using our Extra Meaty Sausages or Sausage meat.
Moroccan Inspired Sausage Meat Flatbreads
You'll find these Sausage Meat Flatbreads made with crumbled, spicy sausage meat combined with pistachios, pine nuts and sultanas with a tahini yoghurt will disappear awfully quickly!
- 4 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp pistachios chopped
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g extra meaty sausages, skinned and crumbled
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp preserved lemons, chopped
- 2 tsp rose harissa paste
- 40g sultanas
- 300g spinach (or chard), chopped or torn
- 100ml water
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- tahini 60ml
- natural yoghurt 200ml
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp fresh green pesto
- Step 1 Fry the onion, pistachios and pine nuts in the oil over a medium heat for a few minutes until the onion is golden. Add the garlic and fry for two minutes, then add the sausage meat and fry for another five minutes until browned, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- Step 2 Add the chutney, sultanas, cumin, turmeric, preserved lemon and rose harissa, and fry for one minute.
- Step 3 Add the spinach and water and cover for 5 mins until wilted. Season to taste.
- Step 4 Mix the tahini and natural yoghurt and season with salt.
- Step 5 Warm the flatbreads and top with the tahini yoghurt. Put the sausage meat mixture on top and serve with the green pesto drizzled on top.