Our Pork Sausage Meat formed into meatballs is the perfect partner for this rich, intense tomato sauce. A great family friendly dish.
Pork Meatballs with a Rich Tomato Sauce
This is a wonderfully easy supper dish sure to please the whole family.
- 800g Pork Sausage Meat or Pork Sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 2 x 400g tins good quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 15g fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 To make the tomato sauce, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry the shallots, garlic and chilli for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Step 2 Pour in the white wine, then add the tinned tomatoes along with the sugar, basil, oregano and the seasoning. Let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Step 3 Form the sausage meat into 24 balls. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the meatballs until golden, approx. 5 mins.
- Step 4 Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve with some pasta, just stirring through the rich tomato sauce with the patties on top.