I developed this pork & cranberry stuffing cake originally to go with roast turkey, but it is absolutely delicious as a meal in its own right.
Pork, Cranberry & Pecan Stuffing Cake
Delicious on its own or as an accompaniment to a roast.
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 400g Dukeshill pork & cranberry sausage meat
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 20g fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper
- 8 rashers Dukeshill smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Step 1 Pre-heat oven to 190°c/170°c fan
- Step 2 Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and celery. Sauté gently for 5-10 minutes until soft then set aside to cool.
- Step 3 Put the sausage meat in a bowl and add the cooled onion and celery mixture, along with the maple syrup, pecans, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 4 Stretch the rashers of bacon and place in a criss-cross pattern in a round cake tin (8in diameter) allowing the ends to hang over the edge. THere will be gaps between the rashers, but don’t worry.
- Step 5 Press the sausage mixture into the tin on top of the rashers, making sure not to leave any gaps. Fold the rasher ends back over the top of the filling.
- Step 6 Cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Step 7 Remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
- Step 8 Invert the stuffing loaf/cake onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Brush with maple syrup and pop back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes to brown.
- Step 9 Remove from the oven and serve in slices.