Leftover Turkey Curry
This Leftover Turkey Curry is like a really tasty masala curry. Great using any cooked poultry.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes (depending how hot you like your curry)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm ginger grated
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 teaspoons turmeric optional
- 1kg leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5g fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1 Place the oil, onions and peppers in a wide, deep pan and cook over a gentle heat (lid on) for about 7 minutes until softened.
- Step 2 Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, garam masala and turmeric and fry gently for 1 minute.
- Step 3 Add the turkey, tomatoes, coconut milk, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Turn down low and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and the turkey is piping hot all the way through. Sprinkle the coriander leaves over.
- Step 4 Serve with pilau rice, chapatis and Indian chutneys and pickles.