In this red cabbage and orange salad recipe the delightful crispy salad contrasts so well with meats. Not only does the salad taste wonderfully refreshing, but it looks so colourful. This is a perfect party dish as the salad can be prepared a few hours ahead. Shown here served alongside our glorious Pork Belly Confit – a match made in heaven!
Red Cabbage and Orange Salad
A refreshing and colourful red cabbage and orange salad to serve alongside cold cuts and any of our meats.
- 1/2 finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 oranges peeled, quartered and sliced thinly
- 20 seedless grapes
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 100g toasted walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- juice from 1/2 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- ground black pepper
- coarse sea salt to taste
- Step 1 Toast the walnut pieces in a dry pan.
- Step 2 Mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Step 3 Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad, mixing well.