SAUSAGE & LENTIL PASTA BAKE
This easy supper dish makes a tasty no-fuss supper.
- 300g spirali or fusilli pasta
- Sausage Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 400g Dukeshill sausages (skinned) or sausage meat
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 60g Puy lentils
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato purée
- 300ml chicken stock
- 150g ricotta
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Step 1 Pre heat oven to 180°c/ 160°c fan.
- Step 2 Cook the pasta until al dente then drain and refresh with cold water.
- Step 3 Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and crumble in the sausage meat. Break up with a fork to avoid big clumps forming.
- Step 4 Add the garlic and fennel and cook for two minutes.
- Step 5 Add the lentils and tomato puree and then pour in the tomatoes and stock. Give everything a stir and simmer gently for 25 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Step 6 Remove from the heat.
- Step 7 Place the cooked pasta in a buttered baking dish. Top with the sausage sauce.
- Step 8 Dollop blobs of the ricotta and the Parmesan over the top.
- Step 9 Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until bubbling and golden.
- Step 10 Serve with a green salad.
Cooking tip: The sausage sauce is equally good with linguine or pappardelle. Just stir in the ricotta and Parmesan through the sauce before serving.