This caper pesto is a lovely accompaniment to our delicious Porchetta. I love to roast the Porchetta and serve with the pesto and slow roasted vegetables. The juices in the roasting tin are lovely drizzled over slices of the Porchetta with the pesto and slow roasted veg served alongside.
Porchetta & Caper Pesto
A very simple pesto accompaniment to our porchetta using capers and basil. Delicious served with slow roasted summer veg.
- 1.2kg Porchetta joint
- Caper Pesto
- 75g pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp non-pareil capers, rinsed
- 30g basil, stalks discarded
- 75g Parmesan, finely grated
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Roast the Porchetta according to the instructions. Approximately 25 mins per 500g plus an extra 25mins at 200’C/180’C fan/gas mark 6.
- Step 2 Either prepare the pesto using a pestle and mortar or a small processor. If using a processor just lob all the pesto ingredients in together and whizz until a paste.
- Step 3 If using a pestle begin by grinding the pine nuts, garlic, capers and basil to a pulp. Add the oil, Parmesan and seasoning and transfer to a small serving dish.
- Step 4 Serve slices of the Porchetta with a spoonful of pesto on the side.